At the corner of Main and Central stands a city landmark and cornerstone of downtown Humboldt, TN. The Cumberland Presbyterian Church erected a red-brick Church at this corner in 1895. This historic church has a history that spans more than a century of celebrations and gatherings.
In 1920 they decided they needed more room so they built an Education Center directly behind the Church, which consisted of 2 stories plus a basement, it contained 6 powder rooms (2 on each level) – top floor had 5 Sunday School rooms, the main level had a nursery for the children, a choir room, a parlor, and the pastor’s study, the basement consisted of a fellowship hall and kitchen, behind the kitchen was a coal chute where they shoveled coal in from the street side, to heat the building.
In 1930 they joined the two buildings together, which now is the main entrance thru the Courtyard for Magnolia Manor and Chapel. After an extensive renovation, the Manor has re-opened as a bed and breakfast in Tennessee, and elegant West Tennessee wedding venue. We invite you to come be a part of our long and treasured history.